Home    FAQ   Suchen   Mitgliederliste   Benutzergruppen   Registrieren   Profil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   Login     

Focal 7N400DB

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen
Autor Nachricht
bartek8809
neu hier ;)

blank.gif

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 06, 2022 2:07 pm    Focal 7N400DB Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi,

I have a huge problem from today sad
My 4 year old son wanted to listen to music very loud, and he pumped-up the volume to the maximum... Unfortunately my speakers didn't like it (Focal success). 7N400DB speakers are dead... In one of them the coil even blocked the membrane, so the situation is really bad... I am not sure if repair (coil change) is possible, but maybe some of You have 7N400DB for sell? I would be grateful for all your support.

Thanks,
Bart

OfflineBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht senden    
gecko
Stammgast

germany.gif

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 07, 2022 2:03 am    (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Bart, welcome. Unfortunately, these drivers are no longer available for a very long time and the development of speakers has not stopped. The operator of this board, Manfred Zoller, has meanwhile very tempting speakers in the portfolio, with which you could also become weak. If that is out of the question, I wish you good luck with the repair and hope that no other chassis were damaged, or the crossover is still intact.
Where are you writing from? Perhaps you could listen to the latest developments. The old chassis you can sell very easily in ebay.

bartek8809
neu hier ;)

blank.gif

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 07, 2022 11:07 am    (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your answer.
I liked my Focal Success very much, and I would try to either re-coil them or find this speaker in working condition somewhere. There is one 7C400DB, (I have 7N). Not sure if those two are close to each other. My wish would of course be to bring them to original state.

Do you know in what other speaker boxes 7N400DB were used? If I cannot find the speaker alone, maybe it will be possible to find the whole set.

Crossover looks to be OK. I did not find any damage there. Tweeters are also OK. Damage happened in a very short time, it was maybe 5 seconds of loud music, and then just a tweeter sound...

Thanks for your help,
Bart

gecko
Stammgast

germany.gif

BeitragVerfasst am: Sa Jan 08, 2022 9:51 am    (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Please excuse me, but I can't answer your question. We will have to wait until Manfred has read this. I hope for you that he has a solution for your problem.

bartek8809
neu hier ;)

blank.gif

BeitragVerfasst am: Di Jan 11, 2022 12:56 pm    (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

Hi Martin,

Thanks for Your inputs, and I also hope Mr. Manfred would read this thread and be able to help me smile
In fact, I do not see much of an option, only some working 7N400DB speakers...
So far I wrote to neef.de with a question for re-coil, but still no reply.
I also found an email to Mr. Manfred here on the forum, and wrote to him directly, but I am not sure if the one I used is still active and if he reads the messages from it.
I also saw, that Manfred becomes a bit less active recently - I hope he is still in a good health.

Thanks,
Bart

M
Site Admin

blank.gif

BeitragVerfasst am: Do Jan 13, 2022 11:00 am    (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

sorry for late answer
did you check the wires from wiriing to the cone?
and no u cant "add a new voicecoil" these are not on sale (special doublevoicecoil by Focal) and usually the whole cone with the VC will be replaces which is simply another driver and sounds VERY deiffernt from the old one (so at least both drivers need to be changed+ Crossover maybe adapted)
The best bet would be someone who has a SUCCESS Speaker and doesnt use it
Yes the new Imagination2 is much better but you need to compare and listen yourself.
Production tech has changed a lot the last 20 years. So a "new sound deisgn" will be a good idea.
If you listen to 70s and 80s music Success is perfectly adapted.
Also most of my Designs from this time period.
I am a music producer today and know a LOT abt the actual Hard and Software used to make Music.

HiddenBenutzer-Profile anzeigenPrivate Nachricht sendenICQ-Nummer    
bartek8809
neu hier ;)

blank.gif

BeitragVerfasst am: Fr Jan 14, 2022 3:41 pm    (Kein Titel) Antworten mit ZitatNach oben

No problem with a late reply,
I am glad You answered to my question.
And actually Your answer is also what I was afraid of sad I mean - I know that I can do voice coil repair attempts, even try to remove the old copper wire on the coil and put a new one, with same number of turns, selecting copper wire with the same conductance. But - as You said - this will result in having a different speaker in the end, and double coil is not the easiest one to deal with.

Wires to the coil are OK, but the membrane in one driver is just mechanically blocked, in the other - when i move the membrane, I can hear it scratches the magnet. One speaker does not produce any sound anymore, the other produce very silent sound now.

I also know that buying another Success pair is great idea, but what I can see in the internet (what is accessible for me) this are not the most popular ones. Maybe You have somebody in mind, who has them and want to sell?

I have hundreds of vinyl records from 70s to late 80s, so indeed, focal success were very good choice to listen my music, and I liked them a lot.

Concerning the broken speaker (7N400DB) - do You know in what other Focal bookshelf or floorstanding speakers this drives were used?

Thanks and regards,
Bart

Neues Thema eröffnenNeue Antwort erstellen

Gehe zu: